Saturday, October 17, 2009

For better or worse

I am very discouraged and unmotivated right now and feel like I could cry. There is nothing major wrong, but life is disorganized and I don't see it getting more organized anytime soon. I have so much to do but I am lacking both time and energy. Whatever energy I had a month ago when I was getting a lot accomplished outside is GONE. So I am searching for inspiration, but halfheartedly. I really would just like to sleep. Yet I keep staying up late working on the computer (some on valid projects, some just wasting time). It goes back to the problem of knowing what I need to do, yet still not doing it.

So anyway, I am essentially feeling sorry for myself today. Then I find out about a friend with a sick child and remember problems other people are dealing with and feel like I should be happy things are not worse. But you know what? I am realizing that telling yourself things could be worse doesn't always make things better. At least, it is not making me feel better today. It just makes me feel selfish and whiny for being sorry for my small problems, not grateful I don't have bigger problems.

How to fix this? I don't know, but I damn well better figure it out soon.

No comments: